The Centre for Applied Policy in Positive Ageing (CAPPA) is the ‘do tank’ of Per Capita’s think tank.
Per Capita is one of Australia’s leading think tanks dedicated to building a new vision for Australia based on fairness, prosperity, community and social justice. It addresses disadvantage and inequality in Australia by advocating to influencers for policy change, by conducting and communicating independent research and policy recommendations to decision makers, and ultimately, by the translation of these policy recommendations into applied policy.
As the ‘do tank’, CAPPA undertakes social innovation projects that focus on finding solutions to emerging issues resulting from Australia’s ageing population, with the aim to increase the social and economic wellbeing of older Australians. Through its social innovation projects, CAPPA harnesses ageing as an opportunity for Australian society by catalyzing policy innovation.
We achieve this purpose in multiple ways:
- Develop innovative and original social innovation projects, underpinned by rigorous research;
- Test social innovation projects in the field and prepare them for scaling;
- Conduct original ageing related public policy research;
- Champion positive ageing by reframing the public debate; and
- Influence policy makers and practitioners to ensure long-term strategic change.